Manual therapy that takes a holistic, patient-centred approach to healthcare.
Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of medical conditions. Osteopathy works with the structure and function of the body. It is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the body’s internal organs, circulation, digestion and lymphatic systems all functioning efficiently together.
Osteopaths use touch, physical manipulation, stretching and massage to increase the mobility of joints, to relieve muscle tension, to enhance blood and nerve supply to tissues, and to reconstitute your body’s own healing mechanisms.
At OM we also provide advice on posture, exercise and nutrition to aid recovery, promote health and prevent your symptoms recurring.
A gentle form or treatment, osteopathy can benefit most types of aches, pains and strains in people of every age, from babies to elderly.
OSTEOPATHY CAN HELP WITH:
• Sports and soft tissue injuries
• Joint stiffness
• Back pain, sciatica & disc problems
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Golfer's and Tennis Elbows
• Effects of poor posture and mobility
• Hip, knee, leg, and foot pain
• Neck and shoulder pain
• Nerve irritation or "trapped nerves"
• Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
• Tension headaches and Migraines
• Pregnancy aches and pains